CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 26, 2010

I signed up for WHAT again?!

ALL of my mates know very well that I'm is not a gym kaki. I stepped my feet on a treadmill for the very first time 3 weeks ago. I trained 5 days per week ever since. Well, wonder why would a lazy bum like me suddenly changed overnight? Sigh. The reason behind is: I signed up for the 10KM SCKL Marathon 2010 empty mindedly about a month ago.

10KM seems 'OK' when I checked out on the Race Category prior registration. When I compared 10KM with 42.2KM full marathon and 21.1KM half marathon, it really seemed kacang... Hmm? Why didn't I consider the 5KM run huh? You mean joining the FUN run with parents and kids? "Aiya, don't want lah... Very malu lah run with kiddos!! It's super-duper kacang, ok?!!! So not me leh!"

Well my friends, please note that pride could sometimes bring you 'huge trouble', especially when you made decision in haste!!

I only realized the fact that 10KM is a freaking long distance after my first attempt on the treadmill. My last run before hitting the gym was 13 freaking years ago (PJK fit test during high school days). My first casual 25 minutes jog (hell, its not even close to a run) already made me feel like this poor chap:





Guess how long did I manage to run in 25 minutes? Jeng-jeng-jeng-jeng: A whopping 1.5KM in 25 minutes! Phew... I already feel like a dried sotong after the short 1.5KM jog. The actual run will be 7 times longer, with a 90 minutes cut-off time. Hah!! Serve me right! I heard St Pete's voice in me shouted: "Congratulations darling, welcome to HELL!!"

Sigh... Well, what should I say? It's too late for me to turn back now as what's done, was done. Since I've signed up for the run, I will NOT chicken out, but will run with all my effort this Sunday. Wish me luck! ;)


Comic of the day:



No comments: