CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

'INCEPTION'

I've finally watched Leo DiCaprio's INCEPTION in IOI Mall last Sunday. Went into the cinema without preparation. Umm... I didn't expect to have my brain work so hard in a movie... LoL!




I came out from the cinema feeling very confused and blur. How many dreams are there in total? How come Cobb and Saito woke up straight in the plane? Why would Cobb lied to Mal that limbo world is reality?


Well, thanks to Kelly for providing me the Inception's FAQ (done by die hard fans I guess). My doubts are all explained!!!


What's the original plan of the Inception mission?
In Level 1, time in the dream: 1 week. Idea to be planted: I will not follow my father's footsteps. Method: Eames disguises and impersonates Browning, Fischer's godfather and convinces him that his father loves him and doesn't want him to follow his footsteps. Cobb gets a random number from Fischer's mind to set the hotel room number in level 2. Yusuf drives with everyone in the van to the bridge where they can perform the Kick. Kick: the van hit through the barrier and off the bridge.

In Level 2, time in the dream: 6 months. Idea to be planted: I will create something for myself. Method: Eames reminds Fischer about the number. The team tricks Fischer by letting Fischer's projection of Browning tells him that his father (so it seems self-generated) has an alternate will which supersedes the other and his father wants him to split his empire. Kick: to have the floor of the hotel room with everyone (528) drop from underneath by triggering the explosives in 491 below.

In Level 3, time in the dream: 10 years. Idea to be planted: My father doesn't want me to be him. Method: By now, the random number Fischer comes up will be the security code for his safe. His projection of father should appear in the vault. Eames need to come up with something to put in the safe (paper fan from the picture Fischer cherished most) to let Fischer thinks that his father doesn't want Fischer to be him. Kick: Drop from exploding the hospital floor.

All the kicks are synchronized. Dropping hospital floor sends them to Level 3, dropping hotel floor sends them to Level 2, the falling van sends them all back to Level 1.

After reading the FAQs, I still found that the storyline is kinda difficult to analyse. Too deep liao... Tak boleh digest properly kott... Now I know why most people watched this movie twice or thrice. They need repeats to analyse the whole dream concept and story thoroughly!!!!

Anyway, though the movie's tad complicated. I still think it's a good movie. Why? I still felt strong suspense throughout the entire movie... Umm... Regardless to the fact that I lost track on the main storyline from the very beginning of the show -- not knowing what the spinning top is all about, and what exactly does it mean by limbo dream. 


Yeah, blame the POPCORNS!!! I missed the important lines because I was busy munching what... GrrrrrRRRrrrr....

3 comments:

Ken said...

Weee weeee weeeee ~~
add me in your blogs list =)

~SheLLeY~ said...

I thought you said it;s under construction til 2012??? Kekeke... Okie, i add u in my blogroll. Please add mine too!!! Kekekeke... ;)

Ken said...

i added you already =P